After hearing “It’s not on my bucket list” quoted by Cheryl Bernard when she was offered a spread in Playboy, I rented the movie that started it all. The Bucket List (2007) with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson was sometimes poignant, schmaltzy, or funny, and gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "kick the bucket". What do you want to do before you kick your bucket??? Why wait? What are those dreams that you want to get to?!
- Learn to swim?
- Learn to drive?
- Get a degree? Or another one?
- Learn to play tennis? Volleyball? Baseball? Golf?
- Learn to speak another language?
- Travel to Paris/Rome/Jerusalem/New York/Taj Mahal/Pyramids/Mount Everest…?
- Write a novel/play/book/your memoirs?
- Take an improv class?
- Find and live your life purpose?
- Perform on stage?
- Be a great public speaker?
- Learn to be patient?
- Learn to play an instrument?
- Have positive relationships?
- Grow beautiful flowers?
- Be a leader?
- Run/complete a marathon?
- Make a 3-course meal?
- Make a difference in the world?
- Make your own jewellery? Wine? Family? Home?
- Live boldly
- Leave everyone smiling
Know your dream? What are you doing to make it real – TODAY?! Writing it down and placing it somewhere visible are two steps you can take to make it happen. And you'll be stirring your sense of passion, joy, fun and adventure too!
Here are a few great resources to get your ideas juiced even more:
Squidoo has a thread of contributors to "What's on your Bucket List?"
Cath Lawson, business guru, has a list of awesome, well-researched bucket list resources and ideas.
And finally, there is Mavis Leyrer, who at age 83 said, “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, What a ride!”