The Invitation: Rich and Raw Conversations about Aging, Death & Dying
Originally an interview project, I invited adults over 21 to share their thoughts about aging, dying and death. Speaking about these taboo topics with a rare openness and honesty, participants shared their beliefs, fears, and wisdom. When my own dad became ill, I felt overwhelmed and unprepared, and was surprised to realize how the interviewees had given me the courage and strength I needed for what I was about to experience.
This book, The Invitation, weaves my experiences and the interviewees’ personal stories in a compelling way that will engage and absorb you. A special chapter includes the interview questions and creative ways to explore them yourself.
The book is now available in Toronto at the following independent book stores:
- Another Story Book Shop, 315 Roncesvalles Ave., https://anotherstory.ca/
- Book City - Danforth, 348 Danforth Ave. http://www.bookcity.ca/
- Book City - The Beaches, 1950 Queen Street East, www.bookcity.ca
- Book City - Bloor West Village, 2354 Bloor Street West, http://www.bookcity.ca
- Caversham Booksellers, 98 Harbord Street (at Spadina Ave),
To find out more about the book including updates and events,
read my blog Life Changes.
"As I Get Older" Greeting Cards and Poster
Reading through the interviews, I noticed that some of the questions about aging generated incredible responses. Sometimes humourous, sometimes profound, they are from people whose ages ranged from 20-somethings to over 90 years old. Their collective wisdom inspired beautiful greetings cards and a poster. Come on over and buy one at The Store!